Karedok or keredok is a local specialty food in Indonesia. Karedok made with ingredients such as raw vegetables; cucumber, bean sprouts, cabbage, green beans, basil, and eggplant. While the sauce is peanut sauce made from red peppers, garlic, kencur, peanuts, tamarind water, sugar, salt, and shrimp paste.
The cuisine is very unique because of all the vegetables in a fresh state, without going through the process of cooking so that the nutrients and fiber is very dense.
Early in Karedok name, because this dish came from the village of Karedok supposedly originated from a village which is located across the river Cimanuk. This area was once a region or state bans Sumedang Mayeuti (call people at the time).
HOW TO MAKE KAREDOK
Karedok Recipe Ingredients:
- 100 grams of young bean, cut into 1/2 cm
- 2 cabbage leaves, discard the bones leaves, thinly sliced
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- 100 grams of eggplant round, split 4-8
- 100 grams of yam, cut into 1/2 cm
- 100 grams of cucumber, cut, cut into 1/2 cm
- 25 grams of basil leaves
- 50 grams of fried chips
Smooth Peanut sauce recipe Karedok:
- 200 grams fried peanuts
- 5 pieces chili pepper / to taste
- 2 pieces of red chilli
- 2 teaspoons chopped kencur
- 1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 150 ml of boiled water
How to Make Karedok:
- Mix all ingredients raw vegetables with peanut sauce, stir well.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fried chips.